- Marketing Theory: including critical theory, postmodernism, and cultural studies;
- Lifestyle Research: interpretive approaches to style, fashion, identity, leisure, music, body adornment and diet;
- Interpretive Consumer Research: including philosophy of science, semiotics, ethnography, and existential-phenomenology.
Research in Progress:
- Murray, Jeff B., Søren Askegaard, My Bui, and Amy Stokes, “Framing Fatness and the Social Construction of Fat Identity,” positioned for the Journal of Consumer Research.
- Murray, Jeff B. Deborah J. Evers, and Amy Stokes, “Vegetarianism and Identity: The Politics of Eating,” positioned for the Journal of Consumer Research.